What we worked on:
- Building websites using GitHub Pages.
- Transport modelling using Java, R and QGIS.
- Setting up Git with SourceTree, rather Git for Mac - which is a bit clunky.
- Understanding multi-stage SQL queries for a project.
What we talked about:
- Julia programming prep for next week.
- How Git, Mercurial, SourceTree, Git for Mac, GitHub and Bitbucket relate to each other.
- Samara gave some advice about multi-stage SQL database queries for a CTI project and the merits of SourceTree.
This is what Hacky Hour is all about. Discovering new tools and helping each other to solve research problems.